Sunday 9 November 2014

Winter Wishes


My Christmas cards are coming along quite nicely but I hope I am not boring you with all this Christmas cheer.  I know, I know, another 'Distress blue' card.  I promise I will try and use other colours in the coming days ahead LOL.
This fun polaroid die is from Simon Says Stamp.  I began by cutting it out first then sat down and tried to figure out what to put inside the framed area.  I am bad for that...buy a great die cause I just have to have it, then when I get it home I look at it and say, 'Hmmmm...what should I do now?'  I really wanted to try stamping with the dies again so I got out a piece of heavy white cardstock and rubbed Distress inks in Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean all over the paper.  Then, I adhered my snowflake die using temporary adhesive to my acrylic block, sprayed with water and stamped.  Love the frosty impression it left behind.  I glued that piece behind the die-cut frame. 
I added it to my card front leaving it white at first but it really looked lost, so I took out my snowflake stencil from Simon Says Stamp and stencilled just the upper and lower corner of my card which looked a lot better then leaving it all white.  I then die-cut the snowflake from Lawn Fawn using silver paper for the top corner of the polaroid.

 I am adding my card to these challenges:

Virginia's View- METALLIC

Crafty Calendar Challenge- IT'S ALL ABOUT CHRISTMAS

Paper Creator's Crafts- ANYTHING GOES

A Crafty Mess- ANYTHING GOES




Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.  I appreciate you!

Supplies:  stamps-none/ dies- Lawn Fawn, SSS/ Distress inks/ stencil- SSS/ silver cardstock/ jewel

17 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, I NEVER tire of your distress blue cards!! It's my favorite color!! And I love this snowflake and how you've used it along with the great polaroid die!! Stunning card, my friend! Warm hugs!

shirley-bee said...

Hee hee - if it's not blue, it's not you! Love the ghosted snowflake background.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Karen
Love this Die.... Love all your inking you are the Queen at this
Hugs Sylvie xx

cotnob said...

This is another gorgeous card Karen, I love the beautiful blue and your fabulous die cut frame.
Pauline
x

Lin said...

One of my favorites of yours, Karen! That little snowflake stencil paired with the new die is terrific! I've pinned this and will be CASEing it for my own Christmas cards!

Toni said...

I like that you added the stenciling. Makes the card seem somehow dreamy

Loll said...

Another beauty in blue :) Love the look of the polaroid with the ghost stamping ... so pretty. The stenciled background is the perfect backdrop - great job Karen! Loll xx

Virginia L. said...

Perfect inking! I adore the snowflake background and use of SSS Christmas/frame Polaroid die, Karen! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge!

Crafting Suzie's Creations said...

Lovely Card thank you for joining us at A Crafty Mess Challenge Sue DT x

SD pooja said...

Wow..Amazing blue card :)

Anonymous said...

Hello, A lovely project, I love the colour choice. A lovely style. Thank you for joining us this month with our first challenge at A Crafty Mess Good luck. We would love to see you again next month.

Teighan DT

Heather said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that "has to have" a die and then can't really figure out what to do with it. This card is beautiful and I think the stenciled snowflakes were the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

Kelly Latevola said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the layout and that silver snowflake is the perfect embellishment!!

Lisa Lara said...

This is sheer magic Karen.

Susi said...

What a fun technique with FABULOUS results - your card is lovely! Had to laugh at your die comment ... it's ME to a "T" :-)

cotnob said...

Hi Karen, I just popped back to say thank you for joining us at Paper Creator for our Anything Goes Challenge.
Pauline
x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

The watery snowflakes in the background are really awesome. You just keep rocking the Christmas/Winter blues.