Monday 10 November 2014

Flurries in the Forcast


Meet today's card.  Just a fun card full of wintery goodness as I add to my Christmas collection.
I began by rubbing Distress inks in my favourite colours onto my white cardstock...Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers and Faded Jeans.  Then I stamped the grid pattern from Kaiser and the snowflakes and embossed them with white eb powder.  The sentiment from SU was stamped with black Memento ink and embossed with clear eb powder.  To add some depth to my card, I stamped with water onto my card front.  Since Distress inks are water based some of the colour is removed leaving a ghosting impression on the paper and helps to give the background a more frosty feel.
Lastly, I cut the snowflake from Spellbinders and added it with glue.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Stamping Sensations- CHRISTMAS

The Craft Place- ANYTHING GOES

Challenge Up Your Life- ANYTHING GOES

A Crafty Mess- ANYTHING GOES



How are you doing with your Christmas card making?  Thanks for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Kaiser, SU, Imaginice/ wh and cl eb powder/ Bl Memento ink/ Distress ink/ Spellbinder die/ enamel dot

14 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Dang, girlfriend...this is gorgeous! I love love love the collage-y design and the colors are so rich and beautiful. The tip about stamping with water on the distress inks is awesome and adds so much depth to your design. You ROCK!!!

Lisa Lara said...

This is such a stunning beauty Karen. Wow.

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic card!!

Carol L said...

This is incredibly creative and absolutely stunning! I LOVE the background and beautiful colors!

Unknown said...

lovely card thank you for entering our first challenge Jane DT

Katie said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing.

Sally H said...

That is stunning Karen! Gorgeous colours and fab stamping!

Bobby said...

I love all the elements you put together to make such a wonderful card, Karen.

MimiAnn said...

A really special card - in fact a 'gift' for Christmas- thank you for detailing your method.

brenda said...

A fun card and why not Karen, nothing better than a bit of in inky indulgence and the finished result is a delight.

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

B x

Loll said...

Love all the layers of ink and design for your gorgoeus blue background. The white embossing just pops! Loll xx

pinky said...

Love this, the blue and white are put together so creatively. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Ela said...

What a great card, love the look!
Hugs
Ela

Sally H said...

Whoops! Forgot to say thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month and good luck!