Saturday 15 November 2014

You've Been Tagged


Welcome to the weekend.  Every year, I plan to make some special tags for my gifts but then run out of time.  So this year, I have tried to get a start on them early.  I am feeling inspired by the challenge at Splitocoast this am from the Harry and David Gourmet site.  Wow...beautiful gifts and lots of yummy food.  I saw this peppermint bark and hence my tag was born.


I began by cutting my tag from heavy white cardstock using a tag die from MFT.  I stamped the Nordic pattern from Simon Says Stamp down one side of my tag using Fired Brick Distress ink.  Love that crisp and clean pattern.  Reminds me of a cozy warm winter sweater.  The snowflake is from Lawn Fawn which I die-cut and stamped with the same Nordic pattern. 
I had a piece of old sheet music that I distressed with ink then cut to make into a bow and attached using a button.  Stamped the sentiment from PTI and done.

There is Christmas music playing on the radio.  I can't believe how quick it is coming.  Phew...better get going and make some more tags.


Adding my tag to these challenges:

CASology- FESTIVE

Addicted to Stamps- ANYTHING GOES

A Crafty Mess- ANYTHING GOES

Stamping With Loll- TWELVE TAGS FOR CHRISTMAS
(if you need to be inspired check out the beauties there!!)



Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping in to take a peek.

Supplies:  stamps- SSS, PTI/ snowflake die- Lawn Fawn/ tag die- MFT/ ink- Distress, Memento/ button/ old sheet music/ twine

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, A lovely project, I love the image and the colour choice. A lovely style. Thank you for joining us this month with our first challenge at A Crafty Mess Good luck. We would love to see you again next month.

Teighan DT

dnisme@blogspot.com said...

Beautiful tag. So crisp and retro looking! I love how you've continued using the snowflake die in many ways. Awesome!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, I am loving this Nordic pattern and love this card! And I love that snowflake die!! Beautiful card, my friend! Warm hugs!

Darnell said...

Peppermint bark, Christmas sweaters, and bright and buttoned tags? What more could anyone want! I love this, Karen!! Hugs, Darnell

maria's knutselplezier said...

Great bag for Christmas, I just love it great use of stamps and I love that big snowflake!!

Greetings
Maria

joy said...

Love this wintery themed tag, Karen. The bow made from the sheet music is so cute!

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautiful creation Karen!

cm said...

What a wonderful way to translate your peppermint bark (yum!) inspiration into a gorgeous tag! The nordic patterned stamp, paired with the sheet music bow: ingenious! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the ATSM Gallery!
~c

Meghan said...

I can taste peppermint when I look at this tag! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Loll said...

Gorgeous tag Karen. LOVE that nordic stamp ... so beautiful paired with the musical note paper. Thanks for playing along with my Christmas tag event. Loll xx

Davi said...

A gorgeous, and very inspiring tag Karen!! I love the vintage looks the sheet music bow gave it :)

May Park said...

Gorgeous tag with lots of beautiful details! Love this, Karen! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology.

Brenda said...

What a beautiful and fun tag! I love the colors of it and I love the vintage sheet music bow!! Hugs, Brenda

Deepti said...

This is so festive, love the sweater design in red and white, red button pops beautifully. Thank you for sharing with ATSM !

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a nifty tag! That music sheet bow is a perfect touch. It all works so nicely.