Tuesday 11 November 2014

Copic Christmas


See, I told you I would get around to making a card with no BLUE on it!! LOL and here it is.
The Technique Challenge at Splitcoast this week is called Copic Ink Background.  It calls for Copic re-inkers rubbed onto glossy paper and hand sanitizer.  Having none of those supplies, I had to put on my thinking cap and remembered a card I made a long time ago using Copic markers and Blending Solution that achieved the same results.
I began by masking my card front then randomly coloured squares within the masked area.  I then dropped Blending Solution over that which pushed the ink giving my card a bokeh look.
When that was all dry, I stamped the snowflake from SU and the sentiment from Hero Arts with Versamark and embossed it using white embossing powder.


I am adding my card to these challenges:

Addicted to Stamps-  PHOTO INSPIRATION

Mixed Media- CHRISTMAS

Love to Create- ANYTHING GOES

Crafting When We Can- USE YOUR MARKERS

Stamping Sensations- SIMPLY CHRISTMAS


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Hero Arts, SU/ Copic markers/ Adirondack Blending Solution/ wh eb powder/ Versamark pad/ pearl

17 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Cool and beautiful Karen. I love that embossed snowflake in the upper corner.

brenda said...

A lovely traditional feeling Christmas card Karen but with a great retro hint as well.

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

B x

Harriet Skelly said...

What a cool effect! Love this Karen!

Neets B said...

You've created such a great effect with this technique and I love how bright your white embossed snowflake is. Thanks for playing along at ATSM this week, Anita x

Far North said...

Beautiful use of the technique! Fabulous contrast! Thanks for playing at Mixed Media Card Challenge.

maria f. said...

Wow, Karen. That embossed snowflake on that Christmas BG just pops off the page. Gorgeous. Thanks for joining the MMCC with this beauty too.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, you are amazing! So clever too! I love this (and it's not blue - hehe!!). How beautiful with the color blocking and the blender "drops," and I really love the embossed snowflake!! Another gorgeous card, my friend! Warm hugs!

Loll said...

Such a cool look and technique Karen. Love the traditional red and green. The white embossing really pops. Loll xx

Unknown said...

Cool holiday card! Love the affect combined the different elements with Copic created! Thank you for joining our "Anything Goes" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

crafty creations said...

Beautiful card Karen love the colours and the technique

Shery Russ said...

Oh wow, this is such a COOL card, Karen! I love the bold Christmas colors and what a fun technique using alcohol markers. Would love to try this one!

Kelly Latevola said...

Super fun background! Way to get creative!!

Davi said...

Beautiful, I love the awesome background to go with the snowflake Karen!!

pinky said...

Beautiful work with perfect Christmas colours. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Vickie Y said...

Your card is beautiful! Love the way you used your Copic ! Thank you for sharing with us at CWWC Challenge.

Poppet said...

Great technique Karen. Love the ink colours you've used, they really make the snowflake and sentiment stand out.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

My Paper Epiphany said...

I'm not sure how I missed this, but I really love the look and it's even more impressive to hear how you achieved it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the MMCC!