Thursday 13 November 2014

Christmas in Red


I am feeling so motivated to work on Christmas cards right now so I often look to the challenges at Splitcoast to get my inspiration going.  The Ways to Use It Challenge today was called Step Aside.  We were challenged to create a card that had steps or stepped up.  Well hmmm....I needed to think about this one for sure especially since I don't think I own any images with steps on it and it had to be a quick CAS card as my time was so limited.   Anyways, here is what I came up with.

I began by stamping the Nordic pattern from Simon Says Stamps on white cardstock in Fired Brick Distress ink.  I cut it into ribbons and glued them into a stepped up fashion.  The card needed something more so I cut another shorter piece and added it from the top down.  Love those enamel dots....gave it just the right finishing touch.  Lastly, I stamped the sentiment from Paper Smooches.


Little Red Wagon- MONOCHROMATIC

CAS on Sunday- RIBBON (cut my pieces into ribbons)

Addicted to Stamps- ANYTHING GOES

Love to Create- ANYTHING GOES



Thanks for much for coming by and taking a look.  

Supplies:  stamps- Simon Says Stamp, Paper Smooches/ Distress ink/ enamel dot/ bl Memento ink

12 comments:

joy said...

Pretty card - great design and unusual to see you do a red card!

Davi said...

Very pretty Christmas card Karen! I love the way you did the needle point prints in the strips, really pretty :)

Lisa Lara said...

I love how you used the Nordic pattern Karen.

Sue B said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Karen! I love the Nordic design… so simple and yet it looks so pretty and elegant…. this is perfect CAS! :-)
Hope you have a good evening!
Big hugs
Sue B xx

Julie B said...

What a great Scandinavian stamp, so crisp and clean.
Thanks for sharing your card with us at ATSM this week. :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Truly love how you used the stamps and the design for your CAS creation! Thank you for joining our "Anything Goes" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, this is gorgeous! You do red as well as blue!! Hugs, sweet friend!

Zw@@n said...

Stunning card, Karen. I love that Nordic pattern and the lay out. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

Jayne said...

What a clever way to use that stamp Karen....perfect and gorgeous as always! Thanks for sharing with us over at Little Red Wagon.

Neets B said...

Oh I love Nordic designs on Christmas cards, and I love your layout. Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this!! Thanks for playing at ATSM!!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Oh hey! There is some more of that Nordic stamp again. I have to say it didn't appeal to me much in its package but you sure do it justice and really make it stand out. Such a great crisp card!