Sunday 23 November 2014

Holiday Time


It's all the die's fault.  I am having so much fun with this snowflake from Lawn Fawn and it just keeps showing up on my cards.  I was pleased with the results of this one.
I began my card front by masking and sponging on Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers and just a hint of Dusty Concord Distress inks in the center.  I then splattered some water over that to give a snowflake background.  The sentiment from an old Stampin Up set was stamped with black Memento ink.
I was just going to mount the white snowflake on my card front and then thought it looked too plain so grabbed my stamp set from Simon Says and stamped it onto the snowflake using Salty Ocean.  Mounted it with pop dots and added the gem in the center.

My card is going into these challenges:

CAS(E) this Sketch- SKETCH 

Simply Create Too- SNOW, SNOW, SNOW

Brown Sugar- 2 COLOURS

Crafty Calendar- CHRISTMAS


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- SU, SS/ die- Lawn Fawn/ Distress ink/sponging tool/ pop dots

17 comments:

Unknown said...

So beautiful ! Wow...

Linda Beeson said...

So loving that big snowflake and loving the blues!

Toni said...

Karen, I m loving this! Stamping the snowflake was super genius

Virginia L. said...

So lovely, Karen! I know what you mean about playing with snowflake die....once you start, there is no stopping! :)

Lesley said...

Gorgeous! I love that you created the blue sponged background! Thank you for joining us at Case this Sketch!

maria's knutselplezier said...

I love this!!
Greetings
Maria

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love, Love, Love this!! So gorgeous Karen!!!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! Fabulous take on the sketch!

cass said...

Pretty CAS Christmas card, thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Karen: Your card is so very pretty--love it all! We're glad you entered our Challenge "Snow! Snow! Snow!" & hope to see your entries in all our 2015 challenges!

Happy Holidays to you & your family!

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Loll said...

Hi Karen. Fabulous design. Love the patterns on the snowflake and your beautiful splattered backdrop. Loll xx

My Paper Epiphany said...

I think I might have to buy this die! We don't even have snow where I live, but I might see some this Christmas as we're heading North! I love the pattern on the snowflake - blue Nordic?

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Karen, love the bold design of your card! So simple and elegant!

maria f. said...

This is gorgeous, Karen. Those ink colors blend so well. And the stamping on the snowflake is genius. Which stamp is that with such a great teensy print? Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Stunning in it's simplicity! Hazel x

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge.

Helen x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Oh my gosh! There's that snowflake AND it is stamped with a Nordic background. It is too wonderful!