Saturday 1 November 2014

Greetings in Pink



Morning.  Now I have to say that pink is not a colour I usually go to, but in honor of the last day of Breast Cancer Month, I decided to play along with this challenge at Splitcoast.

I created the background by applying a layer of Gesso randomly over a piece of drywall tape.  When dry, I rubbed Distress inks over the Gesso bkg.  Then once again, I adhered my snowflake die to my acrylic block, sprayed with water and used it to stamp my background.  I love how it creates an icy, ghosting appearance.  I splattered some pink ink over my card front then stamped the sentiment.

The snowflake was done by dragging the die-cut through some Distress ink that I applied to my non-stick craft sheet and sprayed with water.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

Crafty Catz- ANYTHING GOES CHRISTMAS

A Creative Romance- PINK

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

The Mixed Media Challenge- CHRISTMAS


Hope you have a great weekend and thanks again so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamp- Paper Smooches/ die- Lawn Fawn/ drywall tape/ Gesso/ Distress ink- Piced Raspberry, Spun Sugar/ pearl/ acrylic block/ non-stick craft sheet

23 comments:

cotnob said...

Another stunning card Karen, you always create such beautiful backgrounds.
Pauline
x

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card, Karen! I have a bit of a thing for pink so it ticks all the boxes for me, Jo x

Kristie Goulet said...

Stunning card, Karen! I love pink for Christmas.

maria's knutselplezier said...

So beautifull!!

Greetings
Maria

Far North said...

Beautiful card with such a dreamy background. Thanks for sharing at MMCC!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful ! The background is wonderful, I thought you had used the negative from the die cut as a stencil, stamping with the die is a great idea. xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Pink one! Who knew?! :) xx

Unknown said...

Love your card, especially as pink is my favourite colour. Karen x

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous mixed media Christmas card - I really love it! Thanks so much for sharing at the Mixed Media Card Challenge!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card Karen love the colour's thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz this week
Hugs Dianne x DT

Lisa Lara said...

Awesome HYCCT card Karen. Makes me smile. I love pink.

Sue B said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Karen… I love the icy effect of the background… SO beautiful !! and the snowflake is stunning! :-)
Hope you're having a good weekend!
Big hugs
Sue B xx

crafty creations said...

Gorgeous card Karen love the background

Anonymous said...

Love this card!! Absolutely lovely =D

Loll said...

Wow ... fabulous design Karen. Love all the different techniques you've used with this card ... gorgeous layering! Loll xx

debby4000 said...

Oh I love your Pink Snowflake card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Karen!! Thanks for sharing at MMCC!

Sanna said...

this is such a beautiful card!! love it! thanks for playing along with us at MMCC :)

maria f. said...

Wow. Loving those techniques and that you kept it monochromatic. But definitely not boring! Thanks for joining us at the MMCC this month, Karen.

Julia Aston said...

A wonderful pink card Karen! love that background you created! thanks for playing along with the Mixed Media Card Challenge!

The Colour Press said...

i love the techniques youve used to make the background and totally love the idea of a pink chrissy card too. thank u for playing alongwith The Mixed Media Card Challenge

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I love this in pink! Great background.