Wednesday 22 November 2023

Christmas Collage


Welcome
I hope all is going well in your part of the world.
Today's card is a collage style using stencils and stamps.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I found a blue 'roll off' sheet that I had in my stash.  It was a piece of white cardstock that I rolled excess Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink off with my brayer while Gel Plate printing.  
  • I placed the panel onto my Make Art Station and put the Chain Weave stencil over that and inked with some Peacock Feather Distress Oxide ink.  I inked just to the right side of the panel as I wanted to add more stenciling and the snowflake to the left.
  • I removed that stencil and placed the Halftone Circle over to the left side and inked that up with some more Peacock Feathers to create my collage.
  • I got out my Misti to stamp the snowflake with some Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide ink.  The snowflake set comes with some snowflake dots that I inked with Blueprint Sketch DOX ink and stamped those around the snowflake.
  • I stamped the sentiment into the corner using my Misti again.
  • I glued the card front onto a piece of light blue cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • To finish my card off, I added a dark blue gem to the center of the snowflake.

Here are the stencils I used:



.....AND TODAY IS THE DAY!!!



Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Merry Little Christmas Challenge- ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
Daisy Chain Challenge- CHRISTMAS/WINTER
Crazy is Our Fame, Stencils are Our Game- ANYTHING GOES- optional LEAVES

Supplies
Stamps- Tis the Season (PTI); Let it Snow (Visible Image)
Inks- Versafine Clair, DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); Misti (My Sweet Petunia);
Make Art Station (Ranger); glue gem; TE Blending Brushes

5 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO beautiful Karen, a lovely mix of colours with the great stencils.
Faith x

I Card Everyone said...

OH, I do love it when you bring this fabulous snowflake to the party, Karen! It really stands up to all of your wonderful stenciling, too!
=]

Pat said...

The Dots and Chain Weave stencils look great together, and the black CCC large snowflake is gorgeous and works brilliantly over the top Karen, and finished with a lovely sentiment. x

kiwimeskreations said...

A very busy collage style card Karen - that chain link stencil is fabulous
Blessings
Maxine

Euro said...

I appreciate the depth of your expertise.