Saturday 18 November 2023

Prim Snowflake



Welcome
Meet the newly released Prim Snowflake and the new Starry Top stencils from A Colorful Life Designs.
This snowflake stencil is one of the most interesting and these 2 stencils worked so well together.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock and placed it onto my Make Art Station.
  • I centered the Prim Snowflake stencil over the cardstock and inked it up with some Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide ink.  I added some Uncharted Mariner DOX ink to the middle and edges of the snowflake to add some extra definition.
  • Leaving that stencil in place, I positioned the Starry Top stencil over it and inked that up with some Tumbled Glass DOX ink.  I repeated that step by flipping the stencil over and inking the rest of the panel.
  • I removed both stencils and splattered with my white Posca pen.  I added some white dots to the circles as well.
  • While that dried, I got out a piece of vellum and placed it into my Misti to stamp the sentiment.  I also heat embossed it very carefully with some clear powder as not to warp the vellum.
  • I glued the vellum to the dry card front, attaching it around to the back and glued that onto a piece of navy cardstock.
  • Finally, I glued the finished panel onto an A2 sized card base.

Here are the stencils I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Shopping Our Stash- EMBOSS LIKE A BOSS
My Time to Craft- GOT TO BE CHRISTMAS
CRAFT- CHRISTMAS

Supplies
Stamp- Christmas Cheer (TT-retired)
Inks- Versafine Clair; DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook, Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger);
TE Blending Brushes; white Posca pen

6 comments:

Pat said...

The two blue colours are beautiful together and the two stencils work together brilliantly Karen, and I love the strip of vellum you used for the sentiment and finished with some pretty gold pearls to finish. x

kiwimeskreations said...

Gorgeous result from using the two stencils like that Karen - and sentiment on the vellum really makes it stand out
Blessings
Maxine

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A beautiful card
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge.
Good luck Ginny DT for CRAFT Challenge Blog

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Really lovely x

dj said...

Beautiful...that embossed sentiment really finishes off your card!! I love your layered stenciling!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for playing along with our "embossing" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash...we are so glad your joined the fun!!
Deb Horst, DT #SOS509

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at My Time to Craft. Hope to see you again.