Friday 3 November 2023

Ho Ho Ho


Welcome
Meet the new stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called 
This stencil set is a 4 part layering stencil.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I decided to stencil over some patterned paper so I started to look through my stash until I found this green with the yellow dots on it.  
  • I laid the patterned paper onto my Waffle Flower Stencil Mat and placed stencil #1 from the Layered Ho Ho Ho stencil over it.  I inked that up, removed that stencil and continued to add colour using the 3 other layers to create the text on the background.  The colours I used were:  Lumberjack Plaid, Rustic Wilderness, Lucky Clover and some Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide ink. **HELPFUL HINTI used my Stencil Mat because it has an edge to perfectly line up the layers.  You could also use your Misti for this so the layers match up.
  • Next, I die cut the sentiment in white 3 times and glued them together to give some more stability and build it up a bit.  I also die cut the cute little hats that came with the set with some white and red and glued them together.
  • I looked at the stenciled card front and decided to give it more of a 'marquee' look, so I added some white dots over the letters using my white Posca pen. It really gave it a more festive look.
  • I glued the card front onto a piece of red cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I glued the sentiment onto the middle and added the 2 little Santa hats.



Here is the layering stencils I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Use Your Stuff- ANYTHING GOES
Crafts Galore- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); white Posca pen;
Stencil Mat (Waffle Flower); HoHoHo die (Amazon); TE Blending Brushes

3 comments:

Pat said...

This is a really fun set of stencils and love the colours and the paper you used as the base layer works beautifully Karen. The 'HOHOHO' die with the cute Santa hats finishes this perfectly. x

kiwimeskreations said...

Great use of the stencil set Karen, and a truly festive card as a result - the white dots on the letters were the perfect accent
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the HoHoHo with teh Santa hat and on the lovely stencilling. x