Friday 24 November 2023

Holiday Greetings


Good Morning
I have to confess...once I start creating my Christmas/holiday cards, I can't stop!!
This card features 2 new stencils from A Colorful Life Designs called

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station.
  • I positioned the Prim Snowflake stencil over my cardstock, secured that and then added the Star Ring stencil over that being sure to line up both stencils layered together.  Then, I inked over both stencils using some Villainous Potion Distress Oxide ink.
  • I removed just the Star Ring stencil, leaving the snowflake in placed and inked over that with some Peacock Feathers DOX ink and a hint of the Villainous Potion just in the center of the snowflake.
  • After I was happy with the inking, I added some ink along the outer edges of the panel to bring it more to life.
  • I die cut the sentiment from some purple cardstock and then the sentiment shadow die from the center of the card front panel.
  • I glued the panel onto a piece of blue cardstock and then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I glued the sentiment over the shadow and then popped it back into place over the main panel using some foam tape.
  • Last step was to add silver gems around the sentiment.

Here are the stencils I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Fab 'n' Funky- BLUE HUES
Double D Challenge- STRIPES and/or DOTS
Crafty Gals Corner- STRIPES and/or DOTS

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger); 
Snowy Greetings dies (SSS); silver gems, foam tape, TE Blending Brushes

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A very pretty stencil and colour combinations Karen - a fabulous result.
Blessings
Maxine

Pat said...

This snowflake is so pretty Karen and I love the added dots which are glimpsed through the snowflake design, and the purple and blue you used are lovely. A beautiful card and finished perfectly with the purple die cut sentiment. x

Pat K said...

Such a pretty card with beautiful use of the stencils. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

Judy McKay said...

Lovely card. Interesting stencil. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner this month. Hope to see you pretty art work back here again soon. Judy DT