Saturday 4 November 2023

Snowflake Magic

Welcome
I'm excited to introduce you to this beautiful new stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called 
I paired it up with an older released stencil called Jewel Snowflake to make this dramatic looking card using some non- traditional colours.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a square piece of cardstock onto my Make Art Station and positioned the Jewel Snowflake over that, centering it up on the panel.  I inked over the whole thing with some Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide ink.
  • Leaving the snowflake in place, I put the Big Ornament stencil right over it and inked that up with some Villainous Potion DOX ink.  It made for a most dramatic look.
  • While that dried, I got out a piece of vellum and stamped the sentiment with some Versafine Clair black ink and clear heat embossed it carefully so the vellum wouldn't wrinkle.  
  • I wrapped the sentiment strip around the stenciled card front and attached it at the back.
  • I glued the panel onto a 4 1/4" square card base.
  • Finally, I added 3 navy gems around the sentiment.

Here are the stencils I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Many thanks for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- EMBOSS IT (my sentiment)
Most Magical Time of Year- HALLOWEEN or CHRISTMAS ANYTHING GOES
CRAFT Challenge- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- Christmas Cheer (TT Retired)
Inks- Versafine Clair; DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook, Waterloo, Ont.); vellum
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); clear eb powder; 
Make Art Station (Ranger); TE Blending Brushes; gems

5 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So lovely Karen, love the sentiment on vellum. x

Pat said...

Beautiful bright colours Karen, and the Jewel Snowflake and the Big Ornament stencils look so pretty together, and I love the sentiment on vellum and the added deep blue gems to finish. x

aussie aNNie said...

Love this!❤️ Love the parchment/vellum paper across with the sentiment x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a dramatic panel you created with the inks and stencils - stunning work Karen. The sentiment on the vellum overlay is fabulous
Blessings
Maxine

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A lovely card
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge.
Good luck Ginny DT for CRAFT Challenge Blog