Wednesday 29 November 2023

Layered Stars

 

Hello and Good Morning.
This new Layered Star stencil from A Colorful Life Designs made for a quick and easy card using it on my Gel Plate.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I got out my Gel Plate and brayer, then rubbed some Villainous Potion Distress Oxide ink along the top and bottom edges of my plate.  I rubbed some Peacock Feathers DOX ink along the middle area of my plate.
  • Using my brayer, I blended the colours smooth, but kept them separated.
  • I laid Stencil #1 of the Layered Star stencil onto my plate and rubbed over it with a scrap paper to lift some of the ink.  I lifted the stencil off and then rubbed my cardstock front over the plate to get the print.  You can see how the areas in the middle of the stars is left white which is what I wanted to have before adding Stencil #2.
  • Next, I placed Stencil #2 over the inked panel and used some Peacock Feathers DOX to add the detail to the star centers.
  • I die cut the 'joy' from the center of the card front panel and then stamped over that with some Villainous Potion DOX ink.
  • I glued the stenciled panel onto a piece of dark purple, then pale mauve and finally onto an A2 white card base.
  • I used some foam tape to add the sentiment back into place and put 3 silver gems around that.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Use Your Stuff- SHINE BRIGHT

Supplies
Stamps- Oversized Joy (Waffle Flower)
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs), Gel Plate, brayer, 
silver gems

4 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Great use of the gel plate Karen, the result is gorgeous and love the stencil x

Pat said...

Beautiful colours and love the large 'Joy' with the pretty background stars Karen..a very pretty design. x

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful colour combination Karen and a beautiful result!!
Blessings
Maxine

Uschi said...

Wow, that´s such a nice stencil. These are very amazing stars and you concipated such a gorgeous background. Beautiful colours and a Wonderful diecut of the writing. I love this Eclipse-Technique.
Thank you very much for sharing your great card with the current challenge of Everybody-Art-Challenge.
Hugs Uschi