Thursday 2 November 2023

Christmas Star


Good Morning.
Todays card features a new stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called
The finished panel reminds me of a cozy quilt.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and positioned the Starry Top stencil over my paper.  I inked it up with some Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide ink over the whole panel, then lifted it to wipe off the ink.
  • I turned the stencil upside down and repositioned it to fill in the white areas and to match up the pattern, then inked it up again with some Lumberjack Plaid DOX ink.
  • I removed the stencil and splattered with my white Posca pen.
  • While that dried, I stamped the sentiment using the same above mentioned ink, clear heat embossed it  and die cut it out.  
  • I die cut another circle from some green cardstock and glued the sentiment onto that.
  • The card front was dry so I glued it onto a piece of red cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I used some foam tape to pop up the sentiment circle into the center of the panel.

Here is the new stencil:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- EMBOSS IT
Use Your Stuff- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- Merry Circle Tags (Avery Elle)
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); white Posca pen;
Make Art Station (Ranger); Infinity Circle dies (Hero Arts); clear eb powder

5 comments:

Pat said...

How beautiful Karen in those traditional colours and love the circular sentiment using the same colour combination..such a super card. x

aussie aNNie said...

Love this Karen your card is so pretty x❤️

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful result Karen - I couldn't figure out what you were saying until I saw the picture of the stencil!
Blessings
Maxine

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful starry Christmas stenciled card, Karen. I love how you used the bright and cheerful Christmas colors. TFS my friend. Happy Holidays to you:-) Nancy

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the traditional colours Karen. x