Tuesday 7 November 2023

Big Snowflake Wishes



Welcome
Today's card was done using the technique called Cover Plate Eclipse.
It is a fun technique to try and gives a unique look to your cards.
See the other card I made using this technique here.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock into my Misti, inked up the snowflake stamp with some Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide ink, sprayed with some water and stamped.
  • I added some Villainous Potion to the center of my snowflake and stamped again over the first inking.  I set that aside to dry.
  • Taking another piece of white cardstock, I repeated that whole process mentioned above and I was left with 2 panels stamped the very same.
  • Next, I took one of the panels and die cut it with the Hexagons.
  • To give more height to the die cut, I cut it again using some plain white cardstock and glued them together.
  • I glued the die cut panel over the stamped snowflake, matching the two up to create my cover plate eclipse.
  • I glued it onto an A2 sized card base and then added the stamped sentiment with some foam tape.

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Crafts Galore Encore- ANYTHING GOES
Die Cut Divas- ALL ABOUT THE HOLIDAYS

 Supplies
Stamps- Let is Snow (sentiment- Visible Image); Warm Wishes Snowflake (Colorado Craft)
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); Simply Hexagons die (Pinkfresh Studio)
foam tape

6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Karen, I just yesterday caught GinaK used this technique on YouTube! pssst I like yours even better! I'm STILL waiting for that CCC snowflake to get restocked!
Such a gorgeous card!
=]

nancy littrell said...

OMG.Gorgeous snowflake card using this unique Cover Plate Eclipse Technique, Karen:-) I looked at your 1st card, but this card was my favorite. A wonderful way to use a faux cover plate on a card. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful card and detailed description, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Pat said...

This gorgeous snowflake reminds me to get mine out and give it some love this year, and it looks great in the two inks you used Karen..I do love the Uncharted Mariner especially, and the technique using the cover plate die with the underlayer both stamped with the snowflake and matched up make a wonderful finished look. x

kiwimeskreations said...

Another simply stunning card using that technique Karen. Great work and a dramatic result
Blessings
Maxine

Arlene said...

Love the dramatic effect this has. Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Divas for the Any Holiday Challenge this month. Arlene

Cindy C. said...

Stunning!! Thanks for joining in our November challenge at Die Cut Divas.