Monday 6 November 2023

Holly Sprigs

Good Morning
Today's card features a new stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called
Do you ever think about fussy cutting out your stenciled images?  That's what I did for my card.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began with 2 pieces of white cardstock and placed one onto my Make Art Station.  I placed the Layered Holly Sprig stencil over my cardstock and inked up the leaves with some Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide ink.
  • Next, I rubbed some Rustic Wilderness DOX ink along the edges to give the leaves more interest.
  • I lifted that part of the stencil up and moved it to the leaf details that I inked up with some Lucky Clover DOX ink.
  • I took the 2nd piece of cardstock and repeated that whole above process again, leaving me with 2 stenciled panels.
  • I splattered them with my white Posca pen and set aside to dry.
  • I cut another piece of white cardstock and dry embossed it with a folder which would become my card front base.
  • I die cut the Burlap with some red cardstock then glued that onto the embossed card front.  
  • I fussy cut out the Holly leaves and used some foam tape to layer them together.
  • I glued the holly over the Burlap die cut and then added a piece of twine and some red gems.
  • I glued a pre-printed sentiment along the bottom and then glued it all onto an A2 sized card base.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- EMBOSS IT
Use Your Stuff- ANYTHING GOES
Just Us Girls- RED AND GREEN

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- Distress Oxides
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger); 
Burlap die (Altenew); pre-printed Christmas sentiment (SSS); 
TE Blending Brushes; EB Folder 

10 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

What a beautiful card Karen, I love the design and your choice of colours, it's so striking, Kate x

Pat said...

Those layered holly leaves and berries are gorgeous Karen and love the red burlap and great on the embossed background and finished perfectly with the white on black sentiment strip. x

cm said...

Gorgeous stenciled-and-fussy-cut holly, Karen. Placing them on top of the burlap really adds to the WOW factor. Love this - and soooo delighted that you joined us at Just Us Girls!
~carol

Carol said...

I just love your colorful design! This card caught my eye in the gallery and I had to read all about it! You have introduced me to the Posca pen for the first time. Do you tap in on your finger to get the spatters? I am looking for a foolproof way to make them. Thank you for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!!!!

Karen Dunbrook said...

Thanks so very much

Karen Dunbrook said...

Thanks. You are so kind.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Karen - love the crisp clean lines of it, and your use of the holly die is outstanding
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Cut out a stencil? What a clever idea, your holly is gorgeous, love it layered onto the die with the b7w sentiment. A beautiful card Karen.
Faith x

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful stenciled, die cut, fussy cut layered holly in bright Christmas colors, my friend. TFS your card and details...Happy Holidays..Love and Hugs...Nancy

Nancy said...

Such a gorgeous card, Karen! Love that you doubled the holly and the background was such a fabulous idea. Awesome card and thanks for playing along at Just Us Girls for Color Week.