Saturday 25 November 2023

Home for Christmas

Welcome
Meet the newly released Forest of Trees stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.
It's a good one for creating a forest scene.  
When I combined it with this patterned paper, it reminded me of a road and being on the way home for Christmas.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I looked through my patterned papers until I found this one with the stripes.  I placed it onto my Make Art Station and positioned the Forest of Trees over that.
  • Using some Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide ink, I inked all the trees.
  • I removed the stencil and splattered with my white Posca pen to give a snowy effect and set aside to dry.
  • I placed the little car stamp into my Misti, stamped it with some Versafine Clair black ink and clear heat embossed it.  I fussy cut that out and set aside.
  • I placed the stenciled card front into my Misti and stamped the sentiment with some more black ink and clear heat embossed that to help it pop against the background.
  • I glued the panel onto a piece of beige cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
2 Sisters on the Blog- CHRISTMAS TRANSPORT
My Time to Craft- GOT TO BE CHRISTMAS
Time Out Challenge- WINTER/HOLIDAY

Supplies
Stamps- Yuletide (Kaisercraft); Cruisin' to Adventure (CTMH)
Inks- Versafine Clair; DOX
Paper- dp (?); heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Misti (My Sweet Petunia);
white Posca pen; Make Art Station (Ranger); TE Blending Brushes

7 comments:

Caroline said...

Nice card.
Thanks for joining our challenge.
Caroline DT 2Sistersontheblog

Pat said...

The forest of trees stencilling looks great over the striped paper Karen, and the fun card you added works brilliantly travelling along the white striped road, and a lovely sentiment to finish. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the "forest" road, a Super card Karen. x

Nicolette said...

Nice card.
Thank you for sharing it.
Nicolette DT 2Sistersontheblog

Wendy L said...

Its a great card, thanks for joining in at MTTC Challenge, xxx

My Paper Epiphany said...

Hi there Karen! I love your artsy and fun card! Brilliant design! Thanks for joining us at Time Out Challenge:)

Gerrina said...

A fun card that made me smile; like all the repeating trees one this one! Not that 'standard''driving home'card! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!