Saturday 11 November 2023

Big Ornament


Good Morning and Welcome.
Today's card features some stencil layering using 2 newly released stencils from A Colorful Life Designs called:

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of cardstock that was 4" square and placed it onto my Make Art Station.  
  • I placed the Big Ornament stencil over my white cardstock and inked it up with some Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide ink.
  • Leaving the stencil in place, I put the Star Ring stencil over the top and inked that up with some Lumberjack Plaid DOX ink.  Layering the 2 stencils made for a unique and interesting background.
  • I removed both stencils and after the ink had a chance to dry, I added some white dots to the middle of the red circles using my Posca pen.
  • I placed the stenciled card front into my Misti and stamped the sentiment.
  • I glued it onto a 4 1/4" square card base.

Here are the stencils I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
As You Like It- TRADITIONAL or MODERN
(traditional- so memories of past Christmases)
Crazy Catz- ANYTHING GOES-option: Sparkle
Krafty Chicks- CHRISTMAS

Supplies
Stamps- Christmas Cheer (TT- retired)
Inks- Versafine Clair, DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
Make Art Station (Ranger); white Posca pen

5 comments:

Pat said...

Another wonderful two stencil combination Karen, and love the tradition colours of red and green. x

Chris said...

A bright and bold stencilled design in lovely festive colours. Thank you for playing along at Crafty Catz this week
Chris
X

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Wow! Those stencils were made to go together. Nice pattern! Thank you for sharing in the Krafty Chicks Challenge gallery.
Diane - DT KCC

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful pairing of the stencils, Karen, and a stunning card as a result
Blessings
Maxine

Liz Williams said...

Karen, you do such a beautiful job of combining stencils on your wonderful creations combined with the amazing ways you use your bold colors. I am a huge fan!