Friday 17 November 2023

So Happy!



Welcome
Today's card is featuring the new release from A Colorful Life Designs called
I used the stencil in a different way to get the fun and festive look.

So, here's what I did to create this fun card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and instead of centering the Star Ring stencil over my card panel, I just put a corner of the it on.  
  • I started inking with the lightest colour, wiped off the stencil and moved onto the other colours. I continually moved the stencil into different areas of my card front until it was all inked up. Here are the colours I used:  Fossilized Amber, Ripe Persimmon, Picked Raspberry, Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers and Shaded Lilac Distress Oxide inks.
  • Next, I die cut the sentiment from a piece of purple cardstock and then I die cut the shadow for the sentiment right from the stenciled card front.  I glued those 2 together and set aside to dry.
  • I glued the stenciled panel onto another piece of purple cardstock and then onto an A2 card base.
  • I used some foam tape to pop the sentiment back into place over the front.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

MARK YOUR CALENDAR....

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Crafty Gals Corner- DOT/STRIPES
The Crafty Addicts- ANYTHING GOES
Crazy is Our Fame-Stencils are Our Game- NOVEMBER FUN option: LEAVES

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger); 
Happy Wishes sentiment die (SSS)

4 comments:

Pat said...

You have used this circular stencil in a very clever way to cover the whole background Karen, and I love the colour combination and the super large sentiment in one of the colours looks perfect..a wonderful birthday card. x

kiwimeskreations said...

An innovative way to use the stencil Karen, and it has given a cheerful, vibrant result - I think this is fabulous
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Definitely Happy wishes Karen.
Faith x

Jana Forrest said...

Karen this sure does fit the theme for this months challenge at Crafty Gals. Love the colors you have used. Thank you for sharing over at Crafty Gals. Best of luck, Jana DT